Kick Assembler (C64), Installation guide for macOS
Installation guide for macOS
- Ensure Java Runtime Environment is installed on your system, if not, download it from here
- Download Kick Assembler and install in one of the following ways:
- extract to folder KickAssembler in your Applications folder (/Applications/Kick Assembler/ should now contain KickAss.jar and some other files/folders)
- extract anywhere and ensure the full path to KickAss.jar exist in your CLASSPATH environment variable (*)
- Download Vice c64 emulator and install in one of the following ways:
- extract to folder Vice in your Applications folder (/Applications/Vice/ should now contain x64 and some other files/folders)
- extract anywhere and ensure the path to the Vice folder (containing x64) exist in your PATH environment variable (*)
- Download and install Sublime Text
- Install Sublime package Kick Assembler (C64) in one of the following ways:
- Using package control: Install Package Control for Sublime and install package Kick Assembler (C64)
- Manual Install: Download SublimeKickAssemblerPackage.zip, extract and copy extracted folder KickAssembler (C64) into folder ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/.
* For tips on how to set environment variables, like CLASSPATH, “permanently” on OSX, look here
The application x64 is no longer included in VICE. Do you have a new guide for VICE 3.4?
Thank you for pointing this out! At the moment there is no updated guide, but I will look into it.
kickass_run_pathsetting can always be used to point out the run executable, for instance Vice, more info here: https://goatpower.org/projects-releases/sublime-package-kick-assembler-c64/
This has now been fixed:
I have /usr/Applications/vice in my Path, when Sublime tries to execute i get bash: x64sc: command not found. any thoughts?